While you have probably completed all college applications and are in the throes of scholarship applications, don’t also forget to do the following:
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid: www.fafsa.ed.gov by the end of February. California has a March 2nd deadline — but “the sooner, the better” will help you get your financial aid offer back more quickly.
- Some colleges require the CSS Profile for financial aid consideration: http://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile.
- Encourage your parents to file their income tax returns early, because some colleges may request copies of your family’s returns before they send financial aid offers.
- Take any requested placement tests (English, math) that your colleges of choice may require.
- Have your SAT and/or ACT scores sent if they haven’t already been sent.
Make sure that you daily check your portal on your various colleges’ websites. Staying on top of your to-do list will help smooth out your decision-making process!