With her business name Looking Up! . . . she hopes that you will find personal strength by daily studying God’s Word and having a vibrant prayer life.
After Janet graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, with a degree in journalism, she married her high school sweetheart Craig and worked as a newspaper reporter and editor. They eventually settled down in the Sierra Valley in northern California, where Craig is a rancher and where there is not a single stoplight in the entire county. In their town of 700+ folks, she says they have raised four pretty good children and are now enjoying their ten grandkids, all of whom are perfect. Visit the Family Gallery
As a busy writer, speaker, prayer coordinator at her church, and board member of The Sierra Schools Foundation, Janet says her one pastime is friends! And she looks forward to knowing you better! Find her on Facebook or her Looking Up! blog.
Janet has written the best-selling 50 Life Lessons for Grads, Girlfriend Gatherings, and two First Place for Health Bible studies, Training for Success and Stronger Every Day, as well as several on prayer:
- The Complete Guide to the Prayers of Jesus: What He Prayed and How It Will Change Your Life Today
- PrayerWalk: Becoming a Woman of Prayer, Strength and Discipline
- Daily PrayerWalk: Meditations for a Deeper Prayer Life
- Prayer Changes Teens: How to Parent from Your Knees
- PrayerStreaming: Staying in Touch with God All Day Long
- My Prayer Buddy Devotional: For a Sisterhood of Prayer Partners
She also has written hundreds of articles for newspapers and magazines, including Decision and Guideposts. Additionally, stories about her transformation through prayerwalking and her passion for her community have been aired on radio and television stations around the country and have appeared in magazines such as Health, Family Circle, First, and Catholic Digest.