When I started prayerwalking years ago, I had such a hunger to learn more about prayer. I began reading the Bible straight through each year to find references to prayer. I studied Jesus’s life to see what he taught about prayer, what he prayed, and how/where he prayed. And I read book after book about prayer. I began to sense I was in the School of Prayer, as Andrew Murray wrote years ago.
I still am.
Even after writing six books on prayer, I know I have much to learn.
The biggest thing I’ve learned is that prayer is less about answers and more about access to the living God who has created us and who desires to have a relationship with us.
To that end I’d like to invite you to take my masterclass, Prayer School. It is a five-module course, with 21 total lessons. Essentially, it is free as an introductory offer right now because the course fee is the same as what it would cost to purchase the three books for the course: PrayerWalk, PrayerStreaming, and The Complete Guide to the Prayers of Jesus.
The five module titles are as follows:
- The Premise of Prayer: What is prayer? Why do we need to pray? What good does it do? (5 lessons)
- The Practice of Prayer: How should I pray? A look at what Jesus taught about prayer, what he prayed, and how he prayed. (5 lessons)
- The Problems with Prayer: Why doesn’t God answer my prayers? (3 lessons)
- The Possibilities with Prayer: What kinds of praying practices will work for me? (3 lessons)
- The Persistence of Prayer: How could I develop a praying-without-ceasing kind of life? (five lessons)
Hopefully, the course will nudge you toward a praying lifestyle and give you a #lookingup perspective.
Here’s the link to the online course, which is offered through Teachable: https://prayerschool.teachable.com.
Thanks . . . and I hope you find the course a blessing!